This article by Darius Foroux is great. How to overcome procrastination…. Some of us have a harder time with it than others…. 🙂
his highly cited study, published in the American Psychological Society journal, by Dianne Tice and Roy Baumeister discusses the cost of procrastination. It is related to:
- Irrational beliefs
- Low self-esteem
What are some things that research proved to be effective?
- Self-imposed deadlines.
- Accountability systems (commitment with friends, or a coach).
- Working/studying in intervals.
- Exercising 30 minutes a day.
- A healthy diet.
- Eliminating distractions.
- And most importantly: Internal motivation.
If you combine the right productivity tactics, you have a productivity system.